httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: cvsweb now online
Date Tue, 01 Jul 1997 22:35:27 GMT
I could be convinced, but I think it is appropriate for the main site
because:

	- dev.apache.org is a very dead place; much of the stuff there
	  isn't really in a state to be exposed to the world without being
	  misleading and confusing.
	- dev.apache.org is hidden
	- changes in the latest versions are of interest to more than
	  developers.  More clueful users could use it very well to find a
	  particular diff that fixed a particular problem or added a
	  particular feature and bring it to their particular version.
	  I like the idea of being able to tell someone with a clue "oh,
	  that was fixed in 1.3, go to the cvsweb tree from the Apache
	  web page and take a look".
	- I think the slow progression to making Apache development more
	  open is a good thing, and this is another step along the way.