httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: mod_cgi/918: if not using suexec, apache forces user to use server gid/uid settings
Date Sun, 27 Jul 1997 05:55:03 GMT
[talking about the

    if (!suexec_enabled) {
        if (!can_exec(&r->finfo))
            return log_scripterror(r, conf, FORBIDDEN,
                                   "file permissions deny server execution");
    }

code.  The PR submitter hacks in their own CGI wrapper somewhere,
but Apache is refusing to execute scripts not world executable]

I think the current message is useful.  The one you get without it
isn't as nice.  I am all for making it easy for people to do their
own thing with Apache, but it seems to me they have to hack the
source anyway to do what they want, so it doesn't really make much
difference.