httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Please apply this patch to make reconfiguration easy (fwd)
Date Mon, 14 Jul 1997 21:48:39 GMT
There you go.  A "vendor" (FreeBSD ports maintainer) asking for a crapload
of ifdefs wrapped around things.  Since we always listen to vendors,
perhaps this can sneak in.  <g>

A +1 from me.  It isn't necessary since these things can all be overridden
from the conf file, but it makes things nicer.  This has been discussed
enough times that perhaps now people will quietly agree.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 01:34:56 +0400 (MSD)
From: "[KOI8-R] Андрей Чернов" <ache@nagual.pp.ru>
To: marcs@znep.com
Cc: apache-bugs@apache.org
Subject: Please apply this patch to make reconfiguration easy

I just redefine DEFAULT_LOCKFILE and more DEFAULT_* stuff for FreeBSD to
make upgrading from existen configurations without "LockFile"  directive,
please apply this patch to current Apache sources, it makes
re-configuration more easy:

*** src/httpd.h.orig	Sun Jul  6 06:04:22 1997
--- src/httpd.h	Tue Jul 15 01:09:47 1997
***************
*** 74,79 ****
--- 74,80 ----
  #endif
  #endif

+ #ifndef DOCUMENT_LOCATION
  /* Root of server */
  #ifdef __EMX__
  /* Set default for OS/2 file system */
***************
*** 81,86 ****
--- 82,88 ----
  #else
  #define DOCUMENT_LOCATION "/usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs"
  #endif
+ #endif

  /* Max. number of dynamically loaded modules */
  #define DYNAMIC_MODULE_LIMIT 64
***************
*** 112,132 ****
--- 114,144 ----
  #endif

  /* The name of the log files */
+ #ifndef DEFAULT_XFERLOG
  #ifdef __EMX__
  /* Set default for OS/2 file system */
  #define DEFAULT_XFERLOG "logs/access.log"
  #else
  #define DEFAULT_XFERLOG "logs/access_log"
  #endif
+ #endif /* DEFAULT_XFERLOG */
+ #ifndef DEFAULT_ERRORLOG
  #ifdef __EMX__
  /* Set default for OS/2 file system */
  #define DEFAULT_ERRORLOG "logs/error.log"
  #else
  #define DEFAULT_ERRORLOG "logs/error_log"
  #endif
+ #endif /* DEFAULT_ERRORLOG */
+ #ifndef DEFAULT_PIDLOG
  #define DEFAULT_PIDLOG "logs/httpd.pid"
+ #endif
+ #ifndef DEFAULT_SCOREBOARD
  #define DEFAULT_SCOREBOARD "logs/apache_runtime_status"
+ #endif
+ #ifndef DEFAULT_LOCKFILE
  #define DEFAULT_LOCKFILE "logs/accept.lock"
+ #endif

  /* Define this to be what your HTML directory content files are called */
  #define DEFAULT_INDEX "index.html"
***************
*** 151,164 ****
--- 163,182 ----
  #define SERVER_CONFIG_FILE "conf/httpd.conf"
  #endif

+ #ifndef RESOURCE_CONFIG_FILE
  /* The name of the document config file */
  #define RESOURCE_CONFIG_FILE "conf/srm.conf"
+ #endif

+ #ifndef TYPES_CONFIG_FILE
  /* The name of the MIME types file */
  #define TYPES_CONFIG_FILE "conf/mime.types"
+ #endif

+ #ifndef ACCESS_CONFIG_FILE
  /* The name of the access file */
  #define ACCESS_CONFIG_FILE "conf/access.conf"
+ #endif

  /* Whether we should enable rfc1413 identity checking */
  #define DEFAULT_RFC1413 0

--
Andrey A. Chernov
<ache@null.net>