httpd-dev mailing list archives

From (Rodent of Unusual Size)
Subject Re: Something's rotten in the state of 1.3a2-dev..?
Date Sat, 26 Jul 1997 11:16:17 GMT
>From the fingers of Marc Slemko flowed the following:
>On Fri, 25 Jul 1997, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
>>      1. A SIGHUP is now giving me
>>           bind: Address already in use
>>     	  httpd: could not bind to port 9000
>>         I have NO Listen directives, and only one IP address for
>>     	the host in question.  All vhosts are name-based.  This is OSF/1
>>     	V3.2 on an Alpha, *not* Solaris.

    I should point out that I'm actually getting this on INITIAL startup
    as well as on HUP.  Never did before..

    I've seen this before when SO_REUSEADDR wasn't used on a re-bind to
    a recently used port.  Someone whinged about SO_REUSEADDR in the
    last couple of days, but I didn't notice anything in the CVS diffs
    indicating that something was done about it..

    I've done a "make clean" and no change.  I'm getting this even with
    no non-standard modules.  {Sigh}  I probably won't be able to get
    back to this until to-night.

    #ken    :-(}

View raw message