httpd-dev mailing list archives

From c...@decus.org (Rodent of Unusual Size)
Subject Re: Something's rotten in the state of 1.3a2-dev..?
Date Sat, 26 Jul 1997 03:19:25 GMT
>From the fingers of Marc Slemko flowed the following:
>
>What does NO_SLACK do?

    Dunno, haven't tried it.  I haven't set *any* of those compilation
    values; I've been using the same ones for months.

>Are the child processes running?  Do a gdb on a child, or if you have
>anything ktrace or truss-like use it.

    The children are there, and I finally have gdb, so I can give that a
    try.  As for ktrace or truss.. I don't know if/what the OSF/1
    equivalents would be.  Nothing in man -k trace seems suggestive, at
    least in sections 1 and 8.

>Try checking out a tree from a week ago, then narrowing down exactly when
>the problem started.

    This happened within the last 48 hours, more likely 24 to 36.  I was
    reloading my server just fine then, working on the sortable indices
    (among other things).

    Goota go to bed now, then some library work to-morrow.  I won't be
    able to investigate this further for several hours.

    #ken    :-/}