httpd-dev mailing list archives

From c...@decus.org (Rodent of Unusual Size)
Subject Something's rotten in the state of 1.3a2-dev
Date Fri, 25 Jul 1997 20:25:45 GMT
    Bad news, confreres..  I've just rebuilt from the latest stuff in
    HEAD, and two new problems have been introduced:

     1. A SIGHUP is now giving me

          bind: Address already in use
    	  httpd: could not bind to port 9000

        I have NO Listen directives, and only one IP address for
    	the host in question.  All vhosts are name-based.  This is OSF/1
    	V3.2 on an Alpha, *not* Solaris.

     2. The server never responds.  A simple HEAD request nets me
        nothing; no "HTTP/1.1 200 OK", nothing.  It doesn't even respond
    	if I give it bogus HTTP.  The server's gone off into la-la land,
    	and I lack Dean's winning ways with performance tools to tell me
    	what it's doing.  It's not mod_rewrite because I've taken that
    	out; it's not mod_mime_magic because I never put it in.  I doubt
    	it's the 64-bit stuff even though this is an Alpha.  It's not
    	the mod_include changes, either, 'cuz that's commented out now,
    	too.  I strongly suspect the CGI-unbuffering stuff, since that
    	touched an awful lot of Deep Magic modules..

    Is the latest stuff in HEAD working for anyone else?  Dean, do you
    have any OSF tool invocations I can try?

    #ken    :-(}