httpd-dev mailing list archives

From c...@decus.org (Rodent of Unusual Size)
Subject Re: solaris HUP blues
Date Fri, 25 Jul 1997 11:39:06 GMT
>From the fingers of "Roy T. Fielding" flowed the following:
>
>In any case, I'd personally prefer it if the slack code was disabled
>if the number of listeners is less than 5.

    Unfortunately, that won't help the vhost-by-name logfile excesses,
    only the vhost-by-IP ones.  Or am I missing something again?  Does
    anyone have any idea (Dean? ;-) of the proportions of the two in
    general use?

    Oh, and Dean: is your latest vhost rework opus going to include the
    breaking apart of the two types of vhost and distinguishing them by
    directive?  I seem to recall you mentioned that long ago; one case
    where you thought a directive was *too* overloaded.  (Yes, you have
    a rep.. ;-)

    #ken    :-)}