httpd-dev mailing list archives

From c...@decus.org (Rodent of Unusual Size)
Subject Re: general/811: Choose your nearest mirror - where are they?
Date Mon, 21 Jul 1997 11:26:30 GMT
>From the fingers of brian flowed the following:
>
>Synopsis: Choose your nearest mirror - where are they?
>
>State-Changed-From-To: open-closed
>State-Changed-Why:
>At /this/ point country seems to be sufficient granularity,
>but we're considering an extra field in the mirrors database
>for extra description.  It seems dangerous to go much further,
>though.  One of the US mirrors only sits one block away
>from apache.org.  :)

    The field is already in there; committed weeks ago.  I would really
    like to see it used for non-geographical mirrors (e.g., .Com, .Net,
    .Org, et cetera).  And, if there's more than one mirror in a
    particular country, I'd like to see it used there, too.  I'd be
    happier picking something up from a Boston or New York mirror than
    one in Washington state..

    #ken    :-)}