httpd-dev mailing list archives

From c...@decus.org (Rodent of Unusual Size)
Subject Re: Adding a connexion-handler hook
Date Tue, 15 Jul 1997 04:46:35 GMT
>From the fingers of Alexei Kosut flowed the following:
>
>On Tue, 15 Jul 1997, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
>
>>     I'd rather like to take a crack at this if no-one objects.  But what
>>     about timing?  Is this a post-1.3 sort of thing?  In other words,
>>     should I table it until we really start 2.0? <g>
>
>It's a 2.0 thing. It goes with the redesign of the request part of the
>API we've talked about.

    All right.

>It sounds like a trivial thing, but if you consider it, it's actually
>complex; because an Apache connection can *end* in so many ways, you
>have to ensure that any way the connection ends, anything set up in a
>connection-start phase is correctly taken down.

    I didn't think it was trivial.  That was part of the challenge for
    me; all of my work so far has been documentary, cosmetic, or
    peripheral in nature.  I was hoping to get a crack at it before the
    request redesign work started, because that's likely to be a flurry
    to which I probably won't be able to contribute much.

    #ken    :-/}