httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: Unixisms in Apache NT
Date Tue, 08 Jul 1997 19:17:12 GMT
Alexei Kosut wrote:

> On Tue, 8 Jul 1997, Ben Laurie wrote:
>
> > > Really? CVS does that? I hadn't realized... then how do the images in
> > > the /icons directory survive? Is there a way to check in a file as a
> > > binary (or does it detect this automatically)? We could always change
> > > the CVS source...
> >
> > cvs admin -kb <binaryfile>
> >
> > I should've thought of that. BTW, you've said that VC++5 makefiles don't work
> > with VC++4 - is that tested, or an assumption?
>
> An assumption. I don't have VC++ 4, but when I load a VC++ 4 makefile, it
> tells me it's converting it, and that it won't work with older versions
> anymore. Also, VC++ 4 makefiles seem to work with just the makefile. VC++
> 5 makefiles require another file as well (I forget the file extension at
> the moment), or Visual C++ won't load them.

.mdp? How do you build then? Create a new project from scratch?

> BTW, my patch to remove the full pathname from module->name didn't
> work, so I didn't commit it. Don't know why. Also, I've discovered that
> if I run the compiler from the command like (with nmake), it puts just
> the file name, but if I compile inside the IDE, it puts the full
> path. Odd; it's the same compiler, right? Maybe it does preprocessing
> differently.

It is the same compiler, but I'm not convinced it gets the same command line
when run from within the IDE.

I've never known it to break as a result of running from the command line but
I have had to set heaps of environment variables to make it work. And then you
get these funny little differences...

Cheers,

Ben.