httpd-dev mailing list archives

From c...@decus.org (Rodent of Unusual Size)
Subject Re: Patches to 1.3
Date Wed, 02 Jul 1997 19:06:16 GMT
>From the fingers of Alexei Kosut flowed the following:
>
>In the last week, I've sent a couple of patches to the list, for which
>I've gotten little or no response. Did people miss them?

    Saw 'em, been busy.

>1. I sent a patch to add AliasMatch, ScriptAliasMatch and RedirectMatch to
>mod_alias (enabling regex) and DirectoryMatch, FilesMatch and
>LocationMatch to http_core. There was sufficient interest in an earlier
>version of this patch that used a different syntax. Could I get a couple
>of +1s?

    +1 in theory, but haven't tested it.  I think Dean wanted to have
    *all* of the base directives be RE-based, but I personally prefer
    your approach - less overhead if advanced RE processing isn't
    needed.  ('Sright, Dean?  Shell metacharacter processing is less
    than the RE stuff?)

>2. I wondered if the default server root on Windows shouldn't be changed
>from "/usr/local/etc/httpd" (which is much more useful on Unix than
>Windows) to something like "/apache" (Marc commented that it should be
>lowercase, which I'll agree to). Does anyone want to complain about this?
>Otherwise, I'll just go ahead and commit it.

    Hmm.  Again, +1 in theory.  What about "/Program Files/Apache" for
    W95 and NT4+?

    #ken    :-)}