httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: anonymous CVS access (fwd)
Date Thu, 31 Jul 1997 14:06:00 GMT
Marc Slemko wrote:

> > > A Tekram card based on the NCR chipset would be less expensive; we like
> > > them for servers here.  Adaptec works though.
> >
> > I'm partial to buslogic 958s.  But that's because the linux adaptec
> > driver, uh, isn't.  But you're the freebsd guy.
>
> I would go for something like a Tekram (or other NCR card, but some of the
> cards using the NCR chipset are really cheap, bad termination, etc.);
> Buslogic doesn't have the greatest support under FreeBSD, but I have never
> tried one so I can't say...

Last time I tangled with Buslogic I got very irritated, coz they reorder
SCSI commands in their internal queues. Admittedly this was several
years ago. Just as a data point, we got 8 MB/s out of two striped SCSI
disks on FreeBSD using a single Adaptec a few weeks ago... (if I'd
realised it was going to be that fast I'd've specified two Adaptecs).

Cheers,

Ben.

--
Ben Laurie                Phone: +44 (181) 994 6435  Email:
ben@algroup.co.uk