httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: tabs
Date Mon, 21 Jul 1997 08:46:16 GMT
Dean Gaudet wrote:

> This is just like all those people using proportional fonts for email
> now.
> They lose bad if they can't switch to monospaced when appropriate.
> email
> has always been plain ascii and plain ascii is monospaced.

An interesting point - after my recent email disaster I switched to
Communicator. This has the bizarre habit of displaying email in fixed,
but composing it in proportional. Although you can make it compose fixed
(but not by default AFAICS) it then wants to send it as HTML!

Quite nice apart from that, though (and IMAP4 actually works, too)...

BTW, if this has caused my mail to be weird in any way, I'd like to know
about it...

Cheers,

Ben.

--
Ben Laurie                Phone: +44 (181) 994 6435  Email:
ben@algroup.co.uk