httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: BUFF and pool cleanups
Date Sun, 20 Jul 1997 10:42:48 GMT
Dean Gaudet wrote:

> If a pool is cleaned up before a BUFF from it is bclose()d then it's
> possible for buffered written data to be lost.  But it's not easy to
> write
> a cleanup for BUFFs because buff.c isn't responsible for cleaning up
> the
> fds ... and I can't remember the exact reason why we did it this way
> (I
> know it was for the proxy though).

The reason was that things were being cleaned up twice. It should be
possible to go through the proxy and carefully arrange stuff so that
buff.c can clean up (when it should).

OTOH if a pool is cleaned up before its finished with, who cares if data
is lost?

Cheers,

Ben.

--
Ben Laurie                Phone: +44 (181) 994 6435  Email:
ben@algroup.co.uk