httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Lou D. Langholtz" <...@usi.utah.edu>
Subject Enhancement patch for mod_info.c for Apache 1.1.1 and 1.2.0
Date Fri, 11 Jul 1997 22:08:00 GMT
I've made a patch for code changes I've just finished that adds a
directive to the Info Module for adding additional information for
modules listed. It's available at
<http://www.eng.utah.edu/~ldl/apache/patches/1.2.0/97071001/>.

Some background as to why I did this...

It seems like a really important task I've often had, is helping users
become aware of the nifty features the web servers I've run have had.
mod_info has helped --- in that it shows what modules are available and
how they're configured --- but of course it couldn't be runtime
configured to show or link to any additional information as to for
instance what the directives would do. With these code changes to
mod_info.c it now can.

I'll keep a demonstration of it in use on a Apache 1.1.1 server
accessable at <http://www.usi.utah.edu/.info> through Monday July 14th,
US/MDT. Please let me know what you think of the addition, especially
wether I should expand the directive to also add info for the Server
Settings part of the info page listing. I'm thinking I will anyway but
I'd appreciate getting opinions either way. Thanks :-)

Lastly, I'll keep my fingers crossed (of course), that we can get
something like this installed into the distribution Apache at some point
before 2.0 ;-)