httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>
Subject Re: anonymous CVS access (fwd)
Date Thu, 31 Jul 1997 18:50:59 GMT
[I know I should be a good netizen and combine all responses into one post;
but I'm kinda pressed for time right now]

At 03:48 PM 7/30/97 -0700, Dean Gaudet wrote:
>Where hyperreal is at this moment (on the dmz between wired and organic)
>it could conceivably run gated and get a full view from wired and a full
>view from organic... which would mean it'd be on BBN, MCI, Sprint, and
>UUNET (modulo the need to advertise a prefix for it).  Kind of hard to
>beat that.  But it's not really adviseable to be going to this effort, but
>Brian and I were joking about it.  Wired is happy providing bandwidth, and
>totally interested in knowing about deficiencies in that bandwidth...

The segment Hyperreal's on has two routers, one from organic and one from
wired.  We were planning on transitioning to all Wired bandwidth with the
Organic link used just for local traffic, but Organic could probably share
the burden too.  Currently it's still all Organic, I'm waiting for someone
at Wired to flip the right switch on a router of theirs.  Anyways, I have
no problem with the idea of running gated and bgp4 on Hyperreal, modulo CPU
& memory requirements.

	Brian

"Why not?" - TL           brian@organic.com - hyperreal.org - apache.org