httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>
Subject Re: suspended PRs
Date Tue, 15 Jul 1997 02:36:58 GMT
At 07:48 PM 7/7/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Here is a list of suspended PRs which contain patches.  I'm voting on the
>concepts.  If any of them get enough support then me or someone else can
>make them up into patches against 1.3 and commit them.

As with you, all votes are on concepts, not the strength of the patches;

>+1:
>
>41	Diffs to add relational (<,>,<=,>=) string tests to mod_include.

+1

>73	reporting of referer in error_log
>    The patch is kind of broken -- it should only issue a single
>    fprintf, multiple calls lead to interleaved log messages.

Don't bother, let's get the logging levels done first then think about this.

>78	Additional status for XBitHack directive
>    Adds "XBitHack FullNegated" to invert the meaning of xbithack full.

-1, xbithack deserves a quiet death.

>537	mod_access syntax allows hosts that should be restricted
>    Require a leading . to cause wildcarding.  i.e.  .foobar.com is
>    wildcarded, but foobar.com isn't.

Making this change would instantly make certain web sites less secure.  The
way things are today may not be "optimal", but if we're going to change
things we might as well have "allow ~ ", etc.  -1.

>759	imap should read <MAP><AREA>*</MAP> too!
>    mod_imap needs a total rewrite (see PR#7 for example).  But this is
>    a good feature.

Actually over here at Organic Ed's hacked the opposite; a <--#map -->
server-side include for turning server-side imagemaps into CSIM.  I'll
check to see its status; I prefer that model, as that way CSIM's can be
shared easily between different HTML pages.

-1 on small changes to mod_imap, if only to spur someone into rewriting it. :)

>+0:
>
>258	I would like to do: ln -s http://www.somesite.org/foo.html foo.html
>	and have it work.
>    I'm not 100% against this, but I don't like it.  It doesn't
>    really add anything imho.

Huh?  Isn't this what Alias is?  Oy vey.

>557	~UserHome directories are not honored in absolute pathname requests
>	(.htaccess)
>    The patch presented makes pfopen() grok ~ expansions.  I'm not sure
>    this is a Good Thing.  But what the user is attempting to do is
>    useful.

+1 on the idea.

>-1:
>
>385	Support for comment area in active configuration lines
>    The patch is broken.  Consider <Files ~ /#>, used to match files
>    beginning with #.

Indeed, -1.

	Brian

"Why not?" - TL           brian@organic.com - hyperreal.org - apache.org