httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Wisniewski <ga...@spidereye.com.au>
Subject Re: srm.conf --> what does srm stand for?
Date Sun, 13 Jul 1997 01:36:13 GMT
At 19:52 12/07/97 -0500, you wrote:
>> server resource management?
>>
>> I am thinking of cleaning up the -dist config files...
>I would vote to consolidate this into one file. The 3 file system
>is kind of silly.

It's been silly for a long time, but I'd recommend keeping the
three files, just as a courtesy.  FrontPage ISP installation,
for example, looks for directives in srm.conf, and would
blow-up otherwise.  I also know of a few admin script packages
which assume the old NCSA-style config file meanings.

Gary

Gary Wisniewski
Spider Eye Studios Pty. Ltd., Australia, +61 3 9415 6700
[Formerly GUI Online Productions]