httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Gary Wisniewski <ga...@spidereye.com.au>
Subject Re: ASP support in Apache
Date Sat, 12 Jul 1997 11:10:28 GMT
>As far as I can see, VBScript and JScript parsing in ASP is done through
>ActiveX anyway so I think a mod_asp would end up being nothing but some
>glue that would let the server call an ActiveX object.  The VBScript/JScript
>ActiveX doohickies can be freely distributed.  This weekend I plan on having
>a look at calling these from Apache-NT.

You can find a technical description of the COM interfaces necessary
to implement ASP from a hosting environment at:
http://www.microsoft.com/workshop/prog/sdk/docs/olescrpt/other/axscript.zip

See upcoming mail for my informal description of some of the issues.

Gary

Gary Wisniewski
Spider Eye Studios Pty. Ltd., Australia, +61 3 9415 6700
[Formerly GUI Online Productions]