httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>
Subject Re: mirrors and SSIs
Date Sun, 06 Jul 1997 23:35:11 GMT
At 04:04 PM 7/6/97 -0700, you wrote:
>We will lose mirrors if you ask for this requirement.  I see no need for
>the requirement.  You are dictating that a mirror be required to use a
>module that perhaps they don't trust.  I don't trust it myself.  You
>should bring it up on the mirrors mailing list and see other responses for
>yourself though.

Sigh.  My kingdom for properly working client-side includes.

>You should bring it up on the mirrors mailing list and see other responses
< >for yourself though.

Will do.

>And why is it bad to run expand.pl on taz ?

Because then the expanded form needs to be what's in the CVS tree.

Maybe we need a richer publishing system, where the files are staged from
the CVS tree and then "burned" to the live area.  That burning process can
include include expansion, perhaps some other type of macro expansion (such
as the server version #! :), etc.

	Brian

"Why not?" - TL                brian@organic.com - hyperreal.org - apache.org