httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Philip A. Prindeville" <phil...@enteka.com>
Subject Re: Bugs regarding "SendBufferSize" (fwd)
Date Thu, 31 Jul 1997 21:02:02 GMT
> Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 10:02:11 -0600 (MDT)
> From: Marc Slemko <marcs@worldgate.com>
> To: "Philip A. Prindeville" <philipp@enteka.com>
> Subject: Re: Bugs regarding "SendBufferSize" (fwd)

> Yes, on some systems when you duplicate a fd (as is done in an accept()),
> the settings associated with it are not carried over.  Note the two calls
> to sock_disable_nagle.  We may need to add some of the other things done
> in make_sock after the accept().

> Have not looked at how the SO_SNDBUF one to see what the impact of doing
> it after the connection is established is.

Just did some investigating...  A call to getsockopt() at the top
of child_main() reveals that the size has been carried across the
fork() into the child processes...

After the accept(), a getsockopt() on the connected socket shows
'0' as the SNDBUF size.  So, it seems the socket options aren't
being cloned to the new socket...

Is this a Solaris 2.5.1 bug?

-Philip