httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Doug MacEachern <do...@opengroup.org>
Subject Re: ApacheModulePerl.dll
Date Wed, 30 Jul 1997 19:47:59 GMT
Alexei Kosut <akosut@organic.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Jul 1997, Dean Gaudet wrote:
>
> > > max_requests_per_child
> > > log_transaction
> > > translate_name
> >
> > Here's a patch that does the rest ...
>
> I am curious to know why these three are needed. Especially the last
> two. These seem to me things that should really stay internal to
> http_request.c, and shouldn't ever leave.

If a Perl script calls exit() we want to log_transaction() before
bailing out.  translate_name() was used before I stumbled onto the
sub-request mechanism.

> (I suppose max_requests_per_child is used for something like checking to
> see if it is the last request the child is making, so you can do cleanup
> stuff?)

Right, this was used before child_exit() came along.

In reality, mod_perl-win32 doesn't need these 3, I just sent a list in
of ones that I needed to #ifdef WIN32 work-around.

-Doug