httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@engelschall.com (Ralf S. Engelschall)
Subject Re: Source re-org / Don't Panic
Date Mon, 28 Jul 1997 09:04:49 GMT

In article <Pine.LNX.3.95dg3.970727100907.16222b-100000@twinlark.arctic.org> you wrote:

> I'll tell ya what, I've been keeping a queue of potential 1.2.2 changes.
> I'm going to spend a little time today making another 1.2.2 status report,
> and then I'll pass the baton to you.  That would be excellent since I'm
> low on time.

Fine, then I will start as the Apache 1.2.2 "release engineer" now.  First,
please put all patches and stuff which is not already comitted to 1.3 into
dev.apache.org:~/rse/ap122/. I'll sort them and update your [STATUS] 1.2.2
message for voting.

Second, we must be careful. Last time someone says that after the source reorg
the "apachen" replaces "apache" under $CVSROOT. This is ok but only when we
move "apache" to "apacheo". Because "apachen" currently does not contain the
old ,v files. So we are unable to checkout the APACHE_1_2 branch from this
area. Please be care, do not delete the current "apache". Only move it to
"apacheo" or other name inside $CVSROOT.

Greetings,
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com