httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Doug MacEachern <do...@opengroup.org>
Subject Re: things needing static, or prototypes
Date Mon, 28 Jul 1997 02:55:10 GMT
Dean Gaudet <dgaudet@arctic.org> wrote:

> Ok I've finished adding statics to all the modules.  But I didn't touch
> any of the other files... below you'll find a list of all the functions
> which are extern, but have no prototype.  These are what I think should
> also have static added, modulo what Doug needs for mod_perl.  The stuff
> Doug needs should be prototyped in a _PRIVATE section of some header file.
>
> This is gcc -Wmissing-prototypes output.

Of these, dce needs:
http_main.c:1711: warning: no previous prototype for `default_server_hostnames'
http_main.c:1811: warning: no previous prototype for `new_connection'
http_core.c:568: warning: no previous prototype for `require'

mod_perl w/ -DPERL_SECTIONS needs:
http_core.c:214: warning: no previous prototype for `add_per_dir_conf'
http_core.c:223: warning: no previous prototype for `add_per_url_conf'
http_core.c:232: warning: no previous prototype for `add_file_conf'
http_core.c:581: warning: no previous prototype for `limit_section'
http_config.c:732: warning: no previous prototype for `find_command_in_modules'
http_config.c:746: warning: no previous prototype for `handle_command'

For those with Perl < 5.004, to use some existing CGI scripts
untouched, some need this:
http_protocol.c:1046: warning: no previous prototype for `basic_http_header'

There might be others or recently static-ized functions that one or
the other needs, but I'll have to figure that out later.

-Doug