httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Hudson <...@cryptsoft.com>
Subject Re: Something's rotten in the state of 1.3a2-dev..?
Date Sat, 26 Jul 1997 06:08:01 GMT
According to Dean Gaudet:
>>The children are there, and I finally have gdb, so I can give that a
>>try.  As for ktrace or truss.. I don't know if/what the OSF/1
>>equivalents would be.  Nothing in man -k trace seems suggestive, at
>>least in sections 1 and 8.
> Maybe "par" like in IRIX land?  In linux/bsd land it's strace.

    Actually OSF has truss if you install the SYSV toolset or you can simply
build your own from freely available sources. The interface for doing system
call tracing under OSF is basically a standard SVR4 /proc interface with a
few twists.

    More details on system call tracers for various platforms can be found
at http://www.cryptsoft.com/~tjh/tools/syscall.html for those that are
also interested in that sort of thing.

Tim.