httpd-dev mailing list archives

From sameer <sam...@c2.net>
Subject Re: proxy auth
Date Thu, 17 Jul 1997 06:15:40 GMT
> I'm curious if it would be better for check_user_id() itself to test
> r->proxyreq and change AUTH_REQUIRED responses to
> HTTP_PROXY_AUTHENTICATION_REQUIRED responses.  That way it works fine with
> third party auth modules as well.  Or we can just ignore that for now
> 'cause we should be revamping auth for 2.0 such that there won't be
> anywhere near as much duplicated code.

	Yeah, I thought so too when I realized that all those auth
modules had to be changed. By that time however it was too late, I had
changed everything, and decided I should get to bed kinda soon. =)
mod_auth_msql for example has *tons* of stuff. . I wa actually
thinking of a function call you can use to get the auth_failed
response code.. auth_failed_response(r) would bea short function which
returned one or the other.

> Other than that I just want to peruse the rfcs to make sure this does the
> right thing.

	That would be good. To clarify, I didn't actually write the
core portion of this patch. It was one of our 'nameless/anonymous'
employees because we had to test to see if SPWP worked with 407 proxy
auth. I beleive he checked the RFC to figure out how to do this.

--
Sameer Parekh					Voice:   510-986-8770
President					FAX:     510-986-8777