httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@engelschall.com (Ralf S. Engelschall)
Subject Re: [SYNC] mod_rewrite 3.0.8
Date Thu, 10 Jul 1997 06:54:04 GMT

In article <9707091720.aa17886@paris.ics.uci.edu> you wrote:

> >BTW: Yes, I hate it to sync the stuff all the time, too. Instead
> >     I would really prefer to maintain the code _FOR_ and _AT_ the Apache
> >     Groups repository.  But because the Apache Group never gave me group
> >     ownership _including_ CVS access, I'm still forced to maintain my own
> >     (official) copy of the mod_rewrite sources.  Sorry, but I don't want to
> >     give my own code away and maintain it in a way where I don't have direct
> >     access too it any longer. (Yes, I know, voting is always needed, but
> >     thats not the point). I've discussed this two times with the group in the
> >     past and although most of the members agreed with me I still don't have
> >     CVS access. Hmmm, the group will have reasons, I'm sure...

> That's because you have to ask Brian for an account on hyperreal,
> not the Apache Group.  The last time this came up, Brian was on another
> continent. The time before that he was in another state.  You just
> have impeccably bad timing, and an annoying habit of whining about it
> instead of just asking how to get it.  As you said, we approved it a
> long time ago.

> BTW, Rasmus, Doug, and Ambarish should also get accounts just as soon
> as they tell Brian they want one and he has some free time to do the
> root thang.

Thanks for this clear statement, Roy. I didn't know that this is actually the
job of Brian. And because Brian usually follows this list (at least from time
to time when he has time) I thought he don't wanted to establish the account.
in the past. Now it is more clear. I'll contact him. Thanks for the hint.

Greetings,
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com