httpd-dev mailing list archives

From sameer <sam...@c2.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache/src CHANGES alloc.c alloc.h http_protocol.c http_protocol.h mod_cgi.c util_script.c util_script.h
Date Mon, 07 Jul 1997 19:06:30 GMT
> Yikes that's a big patch and lots of new code.
>
> 2 questions:
>
> 1) has it been use in Stronghold already ?

	Yeah, it's been in use since 1.3.2. (I have forgotten the
release date on 1.3.2.. I could check though)

> 2) is it really necessary for all this extra code ?
>     I'm pretty sure I'll never need to use this feature.

	That's why I posted the patch earlier for feedback and no one
seemed to respond. (I missed Randy's reply.) I think it would be
possible to do with by simply modifying a few functions rather than
introducing new functions, but I thought it would be safe to introduce
new functions because then modules which called the old functions
would not break.

--
Sameer Parekh					Voice:   510-986-8770
President					FAX:     510-986-8777