httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com>
Subject Re: reliable piped logs
Date Mon, 07 Jul 1997 05:19:27 GMT

> > > You're talking just about error logs right?
> >
> > No, I'm talking about access logs as well.
>
> You're sick :)

Perhaps :)

Scattering access logs around several machines is a bigger mess
IMO. There has got to be a way to efficiently log requests over the
network to one (or two) central server(s). I'm skeptical about
syslog which is why the idea of a forked apache server at startup
with the responsibility of collecting log data from the children
and logging the info back to some central repository is interesting.