httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Bryce Ryan <bry...@priscilla.ultima.org>
Subject Re: JPL config file
Date Mon, 07 Jul 1997 03:23:36 GMT
My mailer says that Randy Terbush said:

> I've exchanged a few emails with one of the responsible people at
> JPL. He indicates the following:
>
> > Our web site is split across two servers, www-a.jpl.nasa.gov and
> > www-b.jpl.nasa.gov.  These are both mirrors of a third machine,
> > www-onlab.jpl.nasa.gov.  The www-onlab machine is restricted to
> > JPL internal access only.  Www-a and www-b share the load of
> > accesses to www.jpl.nasa.gov via round-robin DNS.  All of our
> > machines are Sun Ultra 1's (170 MHz) with 64 MB of memory and
> > something like 11 gigs of disk each.  We're running Apache httpd
> > 1.2b7.

you might also suggest they run the following command and place it
in their httpd startup script:

        /usr/sbin/ndd -set /dev/tcp tcp_conn_req_max 1024

this is a big win for production solaris web servers.

--
=== Bryce Ryan ========= AMBIANCE ======== brycer@ultima.org ===
=== Internet Services, Education and ToasterNet Construction ===