httpd-dev mailing list archives

From ras...@lerdorf.on.ca (Rasmus Lerdorf)
Subject Re: Compiling with MSVC++ 5.0?
Date Tue, 17 Jun 1997 23:37:46 GMT
> The only problem I've had is if the .mak file has Unix line endings - VC
> refuses to recognise it. Swap to DOS endings and it should work fine. Once
> you've done this you have to be careful not to commit the updated *.mak
> files (unless we decide to move to using VC5 only). I find it easier to
> compile straight from the command line. Or you might be able to setup VC5
> to use the *.mak files as external makefiles which should prevent it
> mucking around with them.

Line endings isn't the problem.  The problem was that the Configuration
string is case sensitive.

The following works:

    nmake -f apache.mak cfg="apache - Win32 Release"

This doesn't:

    nmake -f apache.mak cfg="Apache - Win32 Release"

Go figure!

And it also doesn't work without a cfg parameter.

I still didn't manage to compile though.  I am using the latest from-cvs
tarball and get:

NMAKE : fatal error U1073: don't know how to make '".\nt\dirent.h"'
Stop.

There is no src/nt/dirent.h file.  Did someone forget to "cvs add" that
file?

-Rasmus