httpd-dev mailing list archives

From ras...@lerdorf.on.ca (Rasmus Lerdorf)
Subject Re: [2.0 API] update to "apigen" script
Date Mon, 09 Jun 1997 12:13:34 GMT
> You may actually want to _wait_ until the Apache Group decides
> what it thinks before you decide to "take" Apache in the
> direction you think it needs to go.
>
> I certainly wouldn't, for example, start a new sendmail configuration
> file format and then, on the sendmail newsgroups and mailing
> lists, start saying stuff like "Well, I'm almost done with my
> sendmail.cf rewrite. How about a few comments and I can start
> the server code changes. Eric, when do you think we can fold
> this in??"

Personally, I welcome work like this.  The only way we can move ahead is
to have people like Ian take some initiative and develop things.  We can
discuss stuff until we are blue in the face, but unless someone actually
sits down and does the work we won't get anywhere.  I really don't want to
scare off anybody willing to put in time and effort, and I don't think it
is constructive to do so.

-Rasmus