httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <>
Subject Offering binaries for other hardware (fwd)
Date Tue, 17 Jun 1997 17:18:02 GMT

Do we trust external binaries ? it sounds too dangerous to be
worth the risk.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 15:15:37 +0200
From: Allan Marillier <>
Subject: Offering binaries for other hardware

Hi - I have downloaded source for Apache 1.2.0, and compiled it on HP-UX
using GCC 2.7.2, as well as on DG-UX 5.4.2. It's very easy - but I know
some people do prefer to have access to binaries rather than compile
their own.

If you're interested (and of course if you feel that I am trustworthy,
or have
some means to check the compiled code !) I'm happy to provide binaries
for these
platforms whenever there are new releases. I also have access to a
number of
HP-UX 10.01, 10.10, and 10.20 systems, as well as AIX 3.2.5, 4.1.4,
4.1.5 and 4.20
if ever you have a need for them.

Allan Marillier

View raw message