httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject Another Apache project (fwd)
Date Tue, 17 Jun 1997 17:13:55 GMT

Can somone who has sub*scribed the gui list please tell him how to join.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 10:08:05 -0600 (MDT)
From: "Matthew J. Probst" <mprobst@cs.byu.edu>
To: apache-bugs@apache.org
Subject: Another Apache project

I am working with a group of programmers that would like to contribute to
the Apache Project.  Specifically we would like to create two new
interfaces for server administration... 1) An X interface with
pulldowns/widgets with the ability not only to modify all server config
files, but also to start/restart/kill the httpd.

and 2) a CGI for server administration..  allowing remote administration
and configuration of the server.. (security here would obviously be very
important.)  We would like to do all this under the GPL.

Before we got too far into the project, we wanted to see if there was
anyone else doing what we are aiming to do?

 Matthew J. Probst            | Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station
 Sys. Programmer, BYU CS Dept |wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway.
 mprobst@cs.byu.edu           |        -Andrew Tanenbaum