httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject Re: in-person meeting
Date Thu, 12 Jun 1997 21:03:50 GMT
On Thu, 12 Jun 1997, Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> My thought on orlando is that, as a place where nobody from the group
> is located, securing a place to meet is going to be expensive.  Unless
> we decided to meet on the TeaCup ride at Disneyworld or something :)
> It's also going to be difficult to find inexpensive lodging in
> Orlando, particularly anytime in the next 4 months.

Orlando's just the airport. Drive a few miles down the road to one
of the biggest motel-towns in the world - "Kissimmee". Probably the
cheapest place to get a clean bed for the night in the US. Supply
always outweighs demand there.

> Hmm, travelocity doesn't seem to list anything from london to SFO for
> less than $1100 in the next couple of weeks.  My wife is miss online
> airfare and is looking for other deals.  I'm sure I remember seeing
> $500 at one point.

The place to find the cheap flights OUT of the UK is on the TV's Teletext
system and not the www.

BTW, Las Vegas is also often a cheap flight from over here.