httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject Re: minor features and changes
Date Sun, 08 Jun 1997 03:05:09 GMT
On Sat, 7 Jun 1997, Marc Slemko wrote:

> There are various little features and changes that have been backing up
> for an awfully long time.  While we figure out a path for the major
> changes that are going to be made in 1.3 and for 2.0, I don't see why
> development shouldn't move ahead.
>
> Any objections to me (and hopefully others...) starting to get moving
> again on patches and changes that are relatively minor things compared to
> the API and threads and abstraction related?

Have we decided on a path ?

it's all terribly confusing from the various threads going on.

My preference..

Develop 1.3 and 2.0 in parallel and be prepared for emergency 1.2.X's.

2.0      major revamp
1.3      1.2 + features - to live as long as there's support for it.
1.2.x    important bugfixes only - no features.