httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Hartill <r...@imdb.com>
Subject Vhosts
Date Sat, 07 Jun 1997 18:03:30 GMT

I've only recently started to dabble with vhosts (of the single IP form).

I setup some servers to treat an alias slightly differently e.g.

ServerName us.imdb.com

<VirtualHost foo.imdb.com>
	ServerName foo.imdb.com
	LogFormat " ... whatever"
</VirtualHost>

Every now and again, the server will start up and get "jammed" thinking
it is "foo.imdb.com". A kill -15 restart usually fixes the problem.

Are there any known bugs that'd cause that ?

I've decided to now add an explicit:

<VirtualHost us.imdb.com>
        ServerName us.imdb.com
</VirtualHost>

too to see if it helps.

For a while I got suckered into thinking '_default_' was the way to
setup the default vhost, but that just steals *all* the requests for
itself.