httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: hostname lookups
Date Tue, 01 Jul 1997 06:20:04 GMT
Ok I'll revert the 1.2.1 changes.  The main intention of making the
default off is to prevent new sites from coming online with
hostnamelookups when they don't really need them.  But I guess enough
people start from the .conf-dist files and just edit back in their own
local changes that it'll be an issue.  I always assume people know they
can just use their existing config files.

It may be possible to add a warning in mod_access during config time that
says "hostname lookups are off, but you've asked for resolution based on
hostnames".

Dean