httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject portability question about slashes
Date Sun, 29 Jun 1997 22:26:06 GMT
So in the core of the code is it still safe to just test for '/' when you
want a directory delimiter?  On a quick perusal of the code it looks like
the WIN32/OS2 code converts '\\' to '/' on incoming URLs, but what about
in <Directory> sections and everywhere else?

It'd be nice if we just have to think about '/' in the core functions.  I
know we have to think about D: gunk though...  Although it'd be way cool
if we could use //C|/filename and have our OS-level routines translate.

Dean