httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <>
Subject Re: Making RLimitMEM and RLimitCPU work for httpd children
Date Sat, 28 Jun 1997 20:17:29 GMT
I took a look at this George, your example makes it seem like the Rlimit
applies only to things in /cgi-bin.  But I'm guessing the code imposes
these limits process wide all the time, so it's slightly misleading.

In order to integrate something like this into the server as a feature
we'd need a directive that says "apply resource limits to httpd child
in addition to cgis".  And it'd be nice if it could use getrusage() to
setrlimit() appropriate soft values on a per-request basis (and then
remove the limits at the end of the request).  That would be a cool
feature to have.

P.S. We need context diffs (diff -c3) to apply things against HEAD.

On Thu, 26 Jun 1997, George Carrette wrote:

> Because application developers here are making heavy use of the Perl Module
> I found it *prudent* to modify the apache 1.2.0 so that RLimitMEM and RLimitCPU
> because it is fairly easy to get into infinite loops in perl programs,
> especialling when using, evidently.
> The changes are described here:
> along with changed files and differences between these files
> and the original 1.2.0 sources.
> Pretty limited changes actually.

View raw message