httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: dirk's faq additions
Date Sat, 21 Jun 1997 19:17:12 GMT
On Sat, 21 Jun 1997, Marc Slemko wrote:

> On Sat, 21 Jun 1997, Dean Gaudet wrote:
>
> > I'm merging them in right now.  But I actually think it'd be a good idea
>
> Oh, and I hope to have some better workaround for the FreeBSD thing
> (either a patch for FreeBSD to make stuff less stupid) or a hack
> for Apache (have one running here that opens a dozen or two files before
> opening the log files and closes them after; an ugly hack, but it
> makes things work in a lot of cases) to make it work.

I'm working on generalising my solaris 256 FILE * thing which uses F_DUPFD
to achieve this.  But I'm going to need to add a function or two to the
api and so it may not be a 1.2.1 thing.  I'm going to roll it in with a
performance improvement -- use poll() and/or ioctl(TIOCINQ) (or FIONREAD)
when doing saferead since it only needs to test one descriptor.

Dean