httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <>
Subject Re: NT and modules
Date Wed, 18 Jun 1997 07:00:33 GMT
On Tue, 17 Jun 1997, Randy Terbush wrote:
> I've been playing around with PAM functionality lately which is
> heavily modulized as dynamic functions. I'll look at this. Memory
> usage for me is getting to be a big problem. This could be a huge
> win.

I don't see how it's a memory win.  Once something is loaded it generally
isn't unloaded and consumes memory.  And it consumes a tad bit more memory
than it would if statically linked.  Unless your OS is braindead (and I'm
pretty sure it isn't) then even statically linked executables share across

View raw message