httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: server start-up/shutdown hooks?
Date Fri, 13 Jun 1997 16:59:51 GMT
We had an oracle guy request this too... both ben and I said "but what
about abnormal shutdowns?"  Children are killed off by restarts, and by my
new code that sends USR1 to keep it within the MaxSpareServer setting.
We'd need to revamp that code at least to not just exit() on receiving
those signals.

So you can wish list it, but it's not a perfect thing.

Dean