httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: Time to clean up..?
Date Thu, 12 Jun 1997 09:03:15 GMT
I admit that this *is* a case for the various extremely general config
languages I've seen proposed.

But this particular case (avoiding logging some hits matching a particular
pattern) can be achieved by a less general construct.  <Directory>
and its ilk surround a per_dir_config, and run during header parsing.
Add two other constructs:

<HeaderMatch header regex>
</HeaderMatch>
<HeaderMatch header regex>
</HeaderMatch>

Then you can exclude local referers by wrapping the TransferLog directive
with:

<HeaderNoMatch Referer localhostname>
    TransferLog logs/access_log
</HeaderNoMatch>

You also have to make TransferLog a per_dir rather than a per_server...
but I think my example is good enough.  Since it happens in a well
defined phase, and is restricted to regex matching and per_dir merging...
it'll probably perform well.

Dean

P.S.  Actually I'd prefer it if we used only HeaderMatch and defined some
regex operators like /rx/, /rx/i (ignore case), and !/rx/ (doesn't match)
which we can use in all our regexs.