httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Sutton <p...@ukweb.com>
Subject Re: NT and modules
Date Wed, 18 Jun 1997 13:22:03 GMT
On Tue, 17 Jun 1997, Ambarish Malpani wrote:
> Runs fine on Windows 95, other than a wierd problem that Paul Sutton
> had, where /'s didn't work when trying to spawn CGI programs, and
> he needed to convert the stuff to \'s (although /'s worked on his
> machine at work).

It could just by my home system is crappo, since Apache works fine on the
Windows 95 at work. Or maybe it is because my home machine is still
running vanilla Windows 95 without extensions such as MSIE 3 (MS
applications tend to replace parts of the OS without really telling you -
maybe MSIE included an update which fixed the spawn problem and everyone
else is using systems that have MSIE 3 on them).

//pcs