httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Sutton <p...@ukweb.com>
Subject Re: Compiling with MSVC++ 5.0?
Date Tue, 17 Jun 1997 21:58:40 GMT
On Tue, 17 Jun 1997, Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:
> It doesn't look like the project and make files included in the current
> CVS tree is compatible with VC++ 5.0 and DevStudio '97.  Has anybody
> managed to compile Apache with this newer compiler?  I don't know enough
> about VC to see what is wrong, but I have been able to use VC 4.2 project
> files in VC 5.0 before.

The only problem I've had is if the .mak file has Unix line endings - VC
refuses to recognise it. Swap to DOS endings and it should work fine. Once
you've done this you have to be careful not to commit the updated *.mak
files (unless we decide to move to using VC5 only). I find it easier to
compile straight from the command line. Or you might be able to setup VC5
to use the *.mak files as external makefiles which should prevent it
mucking around with them.

//pcs