httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Sutton <p...@ukweb.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache/src multithread.h
Date Tue, 17 Jun 1997 21:21:37 GMT
On Mon, 16 Jun 1997, Randy Terbush wrote:
> How about if we create a /src/os directory and put the nt stuff in
> /src/os/nt and start a /src/os/unix for things like this?

Should the os directory exist at the top level instead of inside src? We
have compiled programs in /support and (possibily in the future) /cgi-src
which will need access to the same multi-platform abstractions.

Also there should be an emx directory as well as nt and unix, so we can
get rid of the ifdef __EMX__'s throughout the code.

Umm, are all the unix variants going to be treated as one platform as far
as this abstraction is concerned? It might be neater to have a directory
per Unix variant as well, to stop the conf.h getting longer and longer.

//pcs