httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Sutton <p...@ukweb.com>
Subject Binary inconsistencies
Date Sat, 07 Jun 1997 13:34:37 GMT
I'm a bit confused about what modules should be built into the
pre-compiled binaries. Some OSes have just the basic set, while others
have many more modules (e.g. compare Linux with Irix 5.3).

Anyway, the point is that if binaries can have different modules
configured for various reasons, this should be documented in binaries.html
(I.e. how do we pick which modules to include in the binary). If I want to
do a linux1 version (which is has a couple of conf.h differences to the
linux2 currently available) which modules do I pick? Does it matter if
linux1 binaries have different modules to linux2?

This could make support in c.i.w.s.u difficult. Even if someone gives
their OS and version for the binary they downloaded, I wouldn't know which
modules are in that binary. So I'd like a reference document which lists
which modules are available in each binary. Then at least we'd know if a
"/server-status doesn't work" or "proxy doesn't work" error was due to a
misconfiguration or a binary which does not include the relevant module.

//pcs