httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Sutton <p...@ukweb.com>
Subject Re: [STATUS] Mon Jun 2 09:31:30 EDT 1997
Date Tue, 03 Jun 1997 08:48:26 GMT
On Mon, 2 Jun 1997, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> 1.2b12 status as of Mon Jun  2 09:31:30 EDT 1997
> Problems and Patches
> ====================
>
>   * Weird interaction under Linux using BrowserMatch. Putting
>   * HP-UX Systems: Specifying 'cc' in Configuration on systems

I think you should add the PR#94 bug report to this list (see my patch in
<Pine.LNX.3.95.970530164945.3563H-100000@aardvark.ukweb.com>). This bug
makes content negotiation fail to work as advertised amongst otherwise
equally preferable variants, unless every variant has a charset (and even
then it chooses the last variant that matches instead of the first). For
example, choosing between jpg and gif now does not necessarily pick the
smallest file, which is something negotiation is deliberately designed to
do.

I'm ambivalent whether it ought to be fixed in 1.2 at this late stage, but
if not it certainly needs clear marking in the release notes with a patch
available for download.

//pcs