httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject Re: docs on www.apache.org
Date Sun, 22 Jun 1997 20:30:59 GMT
On Sun, 22 Jun 1997, Marc Slemko wrote:

> That depends on just how much the docs diverge.  With 1.2.0, we didn't
> worry about that and just documented what version features were available
> in...

Um... we didn't put the docs into CVS until 1.2 was already in
beta. 1.3 isn't. I know very well that the 1.3 docs will diverge at
least somewhat from the 1.2 docs, since at the very least we have to
add some NT-specific information. There are some new directives and
things that need to be documented. I know that there are a number of
patches that are being considered that would require documentation
change, etc...

It is, IMHO, very bad form to have docs on the web site for 1.3 when
the current released version is 1.2.0 (or 1.2.1... whatever).

So I think we should do a cvs update -r APACHE_1_2_X on the site's
docs copy (or whatever the exact command is - that may not be exactly
correct).